Licensed event invoice
This article is for certification brands.
An event invoice goes hand in hand with a licensed event. Every time a trainer adds a new event, the platform creates a related invoice and provides necessary changes during its lifecycle. These invoices are visible to:
- coordinators of certification brands through the list of events;
- trainers, managers, and coordinators on an event page in a separate tile. As you can see below, the tile contains a lot of useful information.
In order to make Workshop Butler create event invoices, you must activate and configure Price Groups first.
When a new invoice is created, it's in a Draft state. It means that the platform expects it to change in the future. A good example of this state is an invoice for a newly created licensed event. A trainer may cancel the event, the trainer may change the number of hours/participants and the platform has to recalculate the invoice's amount.
An invoice gets a Draft state, when:
- a new event is created, along with the invoice
- a trainer reschedules a past event and a related invoice is in a Review state
- a trainer reactivates a cancelled future confirmed event or unconfirmed event.
Workshop Butler moves an invoice to a Review state when it needs input from a coordinator. For example, when a licensed event is completed, the platform moves a related invoice to a Review state, so a coordinator could take a look and update some properties. A completed event is a confirmed event that has already ended. This status is assigned in the following cases:
- a paid confirmed event ends
- a trainer confirms a paid ended event
- a trainer moves a future confirmed event to the past
- a trainer reactivates a cancelled past confirmed event.
While an invoice is in a Review state, Workshop Butler can still update its amount if something happens.
An invoice gets a Final state only when a coordinator moves it to this state from UI.
By setting an invoice as Final, a coordinator notifies the platform that the invoice cannot be changed. Probably, because it has already been sent to a trainer. Only a coordinator can move an invoice to this state. Workshop Butler does not make any updates to finalised invoices.
This state is self-describing. When a trainer pays an invoice, you can mark it as Paid in Workshop Butler. Similar to a finalised invoice, Workshop Butler cannot change a paid invoice. However, it can mark the invoice as Paid automatically in some cases. For example, when a free licensed event is completed, a related invoice is marked as Paid, not as Review.
An invoice gets a Paid state, when:
- a coordinator moves it to this state from UI (the only option for paid events)
- a free event is completed
An invoice gets a Cancelled state when a trainer cancels an event.
It's important to remember that Workshop Butler cannot change Final or Paid states of invoices. For example, if you set an invoice as Final and a trainer cancels a related event, the invoice won't get a Cancelled state. It will stay in a Final state and only you can cancel the invoice.