How to Add a New Custom Field
From time to time, you want to collect some info during the registration of an attendee that is not supported by default. In this case, you can add custom fields to learn more about attendees beforehand.
Workshop Butler supports five different types of fields:
- Text. A basic text field where you expect a short answer. Good examples are First Name or City.
- Dropdown. You create several options for a person to select from. Examples include Years of Experience (< 2 years, 2-5 years, 5+ years) and Department (HR, IT, Development, Sales, CxO)
- Checkbox. A yes/no question like Do you have a previous experience with…? It can also be used to ask attendees to agree to terms and conditions. You can put a link to the agreements right into the field’s body.
- Paragraph text. Rarely you expect attendees to provide an in-depth answer to a question. In this case, paragraph text is your choice.
- Consent. A GDPR-compliant consent you collect from attendees to process their personal data. Read more here.
Let’s see how you can add one.
Open your Account Settings and click Registration Form in the left-side menu.
Find and click the Add Field button at the bottom.
As mentioned before, you can select from five different types of fields. Choose the one that fits best for your purposes.
When you add a custom field, it’s not included automatically in a registration form. It only becomes available for inclusion to registration forms for all categories.
As with all other fields, check Include if you want a new field to appear on a registration form. Check Required if you want to make this field obligatory for attendees.
To save the changes, click the Save & Update Events button. Your future and running events will have a new registration form.