EU VAT Exemption
You can exempt your attendees from paying EU VAT for tickets by activating the VAT Exemption option on your account.
Attendees will be exempt from VAT if the following conditions are met:
- Both an event organizer and an attendee should be from EU countries
- An event organizer and an attendee are from different countries
- An attendee submits a valid VAT number during registration.
- An attendee stated that they're from a country outside of EU.
If one of these 2 sets of conditions are met and the VAT Exemption is activated, the ticket price for an attendee will be recalculated without EU VAT.
To activate VAT Exemption, do the following:
- Open Account Settings and choose the Payments tab on the left menu
- Select the country of your business registration and save it
3. Add the Billing Country field to the Billing Address section on your registration form.
How it looks for a student
1. The link asking for an attendee's VAT number will appear on the registration form under the Ticket price. Upon clicking on this link, attendees will see a field to enter an ID.
2. If a student doesn't have a VAT ID, they can submit their billing country in the corresponding field on a registration form.
Important note: VAT exemption will work only if you choose the Excluded option for the sales tax when configuring tickets.